I utilize more than a few emulators for my gaming, in fact I think I probably have (or almost have) at least one emulator for every system ever made. Unless I actually possess the console, of course. I have a great deal of consoles too.
And believe me,there were a LOT of consoles made.
There is something to be said for playing games on your computer as well though, especially on an emulator. So there is the odd time when I’ll play my console games like Dark Cloud or Super Mario World on an emulator as well.
I’m drifting away from my point however, which is that there is a new version of the PPSSPP emulator available for download. It is an emulator for the PSP system that I waited for quite a while before it finally worked well enough to be usable for most of my games. They managed it about a year ago though and now a new version has just come out so I thought it a good idea to bring this to mind since I haven’t had nearly enough time to write about games and game stuff as I would like.
The new features are as follows.
- CLUT (paletted) texturing from framebuffers supported, fixing many graphical issues like the shadows in Final Fantasy: Type-0.
- More types of framebuffer copies are now handled correctly, fixing a variety of graphical issues, like the sun in Burnout and many more.
- Better savedata compatibility with the real PSP.
- Support for more codecs used by “Custom BGM” and sometimes regular music in games: MP3, AAC.
- PMP video format support.
- Implemented some strange blending modes like ABSDIFF as shaders, fixing the outlines in DBZ Tag Team and more.
- Emulation of the vrot CPU instruction improved – it caused cracks in FF3 graphics before.
- Many bugfixes around the UI, touch D-pad now works better when scaled large.
- Workaround implemented to support Star Ocean’s stencil trickery as efficiently as possible on all platforms.
- Major corrections to module loading and memory management, fixing further games.
- Bulgarian and Thai language translations were contributed.
- Many, many more game fixes and bug fixes.
So for those who are like me I recommend getting the new version for your PSP games. And I promise to try and get more focus on games and stuff in the new future as well. There’s just so much going on with all the other things in the world that it seems like everytime I turn around there’s something else that I want to write about, or some other sink on my free time.
But I will ramble on at another date and time.
Steve Shives is a rather….interesting person. His youtube channel often boasts videos on things that he finds “stupid” yet he talks about religion, atheism, and feminism with the mental acumen of a third grader. The main sentiment on youtube seems to be that he needs, as one of my commenters said, “his face caved in”. I suppose what I am attempting to get at is that Steve Shives is not very well-liked among the youtube community.
Yeah. he’s basically a douche-nozzle without any of the good qualities you would normally find in the average douche-nozzle.
Recently he did a video answering a question that feminists are often asked, namely why call it feminism if it’s supposed to be about equality. He also answered it the way that feminists often do.
In other words he responded with idiotic deflections that did absolutely nothing to actually answer the question in order to avoid admitting that he and all feminists are raging sexists. Steve reeeeaaaaally drank deep of the Kool-Aid.
So we prepared a video response to Steve and his latest idiocy.
Marvel comics has come forward today to announce their new superhero. Though whether this character is truly “new” or not could be a matter of debate. Marvel has decided to reimagine the Thor comics by introducing him as a her.
FemThor? Thorfem? Femore? No, maybe Thorgirl? I’ll think of something.
Thor is apparently now no longer worthy of wielding his power as the God of Thunder. So Mjolnir has found a new wielder in a brand new female hero who has proven her worth and emerged as the new Mighty Thor. Marvel editor Will Moss has said that “The inscription on Thor’s hammer reads ‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’ Well it’s time to update that inscription.”It is a change that Marvel is calling “shocking” and “exciting”.
I call it fucking sad and pathetic. Marvel has prostituted itself out to some really idiotic people with stupid ideas in the past. There was the ridiculously complicated Clone Saga, then One More Day;of which the less said about the better. There was Storm marrying Black Panther, which is something I will never forgive Marvel for until the day they all burn in the flames of hell. Or Emma Frost hooking up with Cyclops, an event for which everyone involved should be anally-probed with rusted out chainsaws dipped in battery acid. But now they’re trying to pander to the absolute lowest aspect of humanity, feminists and the social justice crowd.
Jason Aaron, who will be writing the series, has gone on record as saying that this is not going to be “Lady Thor”, or “She-Thor”, or “Thorita”. This is Thor, the one true Thor of the Marvel Universe. Meanwhile the Thor that everyone is largely aware of will apparently be deemed “unworthy” of his powers and no longer be able to wield his hammer. Which makes it seem likely that they’re making a calculated effort to leave room to bring back the original Thor when this idea goes tits-up.
There is seriously so much that is wrong with this bullshit that we had to do bullet points just to sort it out. So here are all of the reasons, just off the top of our head that this is a fucking stupid idea.
- It is being done not to make a better story, but simply to pander to idiots. There is no story reason to make the change. It won’t make Thor comics inherently better to mess up the lore like this. It is not a narrative change. It is being done for no other reason than pure pandering. It is terrible writing, it is terrible marketting, it is terrible business, it is plainly and simply a terrible idea.
- Thor is based on a character from mythical lore. That character is not female. So making him a female for no reason messes up the lore.
Look, let’s be honest here. I know Jason Aaron tried to say that this character will not be “She-Thor” but yes, she will exactly be “She-Thor” you dumbass ink-jockey. Just because you say “This is Thor” does not mean it is. Thor is not just whatever asshole wields his electrically enhanced phallic symbol. He is a character with thoughts, personality, friends, loved ones, enemies and history. He is the son of Odin, the brother of Loki. Guardian of Midgard. You can’t just go off and turn some vacant-eyed bimbo into Thor just because you don’t like the fact that the inscription on the hammer is gender specific. The inscription is that whosoever wields the hammer will posses the power of Thor. Not be Thor. Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike can wield the hammer too, but they are not Thor.
- It sends the message that the only way to make a decent female superhero is if you take a male superhero and give it female reproductive organs. A female character can’t stand on her own merits, she has to have a male character do all the work for her. Then once the hard work is done and the franchise is established the little lady can take over. This is, of course, how feminism has always operated but you don’t have to apply the same principles to your comics.
- They’re doing this to appeal to women, when there were already dozens of existing female characters that could have been used and given their own series. I can think of ten already existing female characters just off the top of my head that I would like to see have a series of their own (see below). They could have highlighted the female heroes they have, rather than take a male hero who’s very popular and change him for the purposes of riding the original Thors cape.
- As mentioned above, they are doing this to appeal to women. To get them reading comics, except women weren’t reading comics before despite all of the perfectly good female superheroes they had. That’s why there aren’t a lot of singular female superheroes with their own comics. If women had been interested in, and supported those comics and characters before this wouldn’t be an issue now. But they didn’t, and they still won’t because it’s not a pasttime most women care about. That’s why you don’t see these same femfucks who are bitching about these things writing their own comic books. Because they don’t really care about the comics or the characters. They just care about getting everyone else to do what they want them to.
But don’t take it from me. Listen to some of the fans.
Look Marvel, try to understand this. It does not matter what you do to appease feminists. They will whine and bitch regardless because, surprise, they’re a bunch of whiny bitches. Complaining and playing the victim is all that gets these people up in the morning and allows them to make it through their normal day. Shit like this won’t matter because it’s not really about women to them, it’s about power. The power to play the victim and to get their way because of it. The women who actually read comics are not going to give a shit about this. The ones who are bitching are the ones who don’t really read comics, but feel that somewhere someway, there is some segment of reality that is not exactly the way they want it. You cannot appease them, you cannot reason with them, they do not feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are their slave.